Ajax Web Development
Ajax isn’t a technology. It’s really several technologies, each flourishing in its own right, coming together in powerful new ways. Ajax incorporates:
- Standards-based presentation using XHTML and CSS.
- Dynamic display and interaction using Document Object Model.
- Data interchange and manipulation using XML and XSLT.
- Asynchronous data retrieval using XMLHttpRequest.
In a nutshell, it is a method to interact with the server and send data back and forth without having to refresh the whole page, which makes applications faster and saves lots of internet bandwidth. Here is how Ajax works in comparison to classical web application.
Advantage Of Using Ajax
- The application is based on open standards and is backed by many browsers and platforms; so no fears of vendor lock-in.
- Google Maps is based on Ajax applications and was preferred over MapQuest. Application. The success of Google maps demonstrates the fact that Ajax application was liked by the users. The application aids in requesting small bits of information from the server instead of whole pages.
- IE and Mozilla-based FireFox are build AJAX Web applications, but now AJAX-based rich Internet applications can work on most modern Web browsers.